Things You Should Know About Me -- If we are going to be friends
Hello! When I look at the stats for my blog, I realize that I don't actually know most of you. I'm not sure who lives in Belize, or the Netherlands, Germany, Finland, Poland...and the other places my readers come from. So, I figure that we should know each other better. Here are some things you might want to know about me. Enjoy!
1. One thing you should know is that I may not look the same when you see me next. Long, short, bangs, no-bangs, blonde, red, brown ... and everywhere in between. I get bored with my hair very easily. OR maybe I am a spy. You pick.
|Medium length brown|
|And the current red|
2. I really love Subway sandwiches. They are truly a delight to me.
3. In my mind there is something fundamentally wrong with buying groceries from non-grocery stores. Walmart & Target will never convince me to buy food from them. Purchasing oranges at the same place I can buy tires is just unnatural.
4. I am a type A/ Bohemian hybrid. Very driven and constantly thinking, but with a whimsical spontaneity to it. You will find me trying to figure out a plan for how to run an AIDS clinic while swaying to Frank Sinatra with my hair up in an Italian scarf. It can really throw people off...
5. I am NOT laid back. People think I am because I am low-maintenance and pretty even keeled. I don't like 'chillin'. I like going. I always want to go somewhere new and do something new. No thank you to summer break.
6. It took me 2 years to learn how to cook a baked potato. Simple, you may think, but it wasn't!!! Literally 2 years. I will save you all the time and toil that I spent. Put the potato in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours. Now you can use your two years to do something else.
7. When I was little I created a plan to convince my parents that we could, in fact, have monkeys as pets. I figured out how much they needed to eat, what it would cost, sketched a diagram of the monkey house I would build in the back yard, planned out their vaccinations...They didn't go for it though. My parents are not quite as visionary as I am.
8. When I type, I hear my voice saying the words out loud. Just like you could hear Meg Ryan's voice in You've Got Mail when she typed her emails. I'd like to think that I don't smirk and smile thoughtfully into the distance like she did while typing, but it is very possible that I do.
9. I am very old fashioned. Surprise! I use a pen and paper. Not my iPhone or iPad to take notes. I have a paper daily planner. I think handwriting is an important art. I will also physically dial the phone numbers of people instead of just clicking on them in my contacts. It bothers me that people don't actually know each other's phone numbers anymore.
10. I think I would really enjoy gardening if it didn't involve dirt and bending over so much. But, I do love gardens. Particularly wild English gardens. Could sit in them for days. But, if left up to me I would never do any work in them.
See, wasn't that nice. NOW we are friends. Honestly though, I wish I could sit and chat with each one of you. Hear your stories and learn about where you are from. AND if you are one of those people from Finland, Kenya , Chile or wherever, please let me know who you are. I'd love to hear about you! Have a great weekend everyone!