10 Books I Never Want To Read
Remember Reading Rainbow? Now those were some good books.
Tonight I was trying to make a list of what books I would like to read this year. I got online and began browsing. But, because I am deliriously tired, I ended up making a list of books I don't want to read. Since I am obviously putting off going to bed , I have decided to share that list with you good people. Here it is:
- Chicken Soup For The Soul- teenage soul, mother's soul, archiologist's soul. I don't want to read about any soup for any soul. Honestly, I don't want to read about soup at all. Why did these become so popular?
- Twilight Books- I have no desire to read any of them. It isn't because I think they are completely evil (I can't make that call since I've never read one). It is because they are about vampires & werewolves. And that just sounds really stupid.
- The Jungle- This is actually a classic & probably a fantastic book. But I have a feeling that if I were to read it, I would be incapable of ever having a hot dog again. And I really like hot dogs.
- The Great Gatsby- I have tried to read this on several occassions & never could get into it. The book was out of print for nearly 30 years & I think I know why. It is like a soap opera in book form.
- Eat, Pray, Love - This is shallow I admit, but I can't stand the cover of this book. Something about it is very unappealing. Reading it would involve me seeing the cover frequently, so its out. Might be a fantastic book, but I will never know.
- Moby Dick - Here is a book about a group of sailors trying to kill a whale. By the end of the book almost everyone is dead. So, why would I read that? It may be an American classic, but I'm not reading it. Sorry literature professors.
- Any book written by Stephen King. - I'm not a fan of getting scared. No clue why people would read something that gives them nightmares. Life is to short for that to be entertainment in my opinion.
- Cooking With Pooh- Yes, I know this is a children's cooking book featuring Winnie the Pooh. But the title is Cooking With Pooh. How did an editor not catch that?
- Do-It-Yourself Coffins For Pets & People- I just came across this tonight on Amazon. I'm all for doing it yourself, but that is perhaps a bit too handy for me.
- Windows 7 For Dummies - This is on my don't read list for two reasons. First, no book can help me understand anything technical - I am beyond 'dummy' status. Second, I hope I don't have to use Windows ever again. Safari, please.
Okay, that is my list of books I don't want to read. What is yours?